The company works with geospatial data at scale, using machine learning and computer vision to pioneer a new form of property information, built specifically for the organizations that finance, protect, and invest in homes, properties and businesses. They solve real problems and their product is validated by the market and have more than 50 clients already. Due to the true innovation of their product, they are backed by a number of leading venture firms and insurers. The company has a great product-market fit, solid revenue, and recently raised a big investment round. The company is growing quickly and they need an experienced software engineering manager for the next phase.
The teams work with geospatial data at scale, applying machine learning to solve real problems for different industries. As a software engineering manager, your role focuses on people management as well as the technical management of the software development team. The team will double in size and you will be supporting and growing the team and helping mature the software and product development processes. Your scope of work will be to supervises major projects and provides technical leadership to stakeholders, making timely strategic decisions on complicated and ambiguous technical problems, evaluation of personnel performance, headcount planning, hiring and assists in Sprint planning, quarterly planning and long-term technical vision. They build their models using Pytorch and Tensorflow, and leverage Python, React, node.js, Spark and Postgres across their AWS cloud infrastructure, including ECS, RDS, Elasticache, Lambda and Athena. Cloud automation leverages Terraform, Jenkins, Python scripts.
– Min 4 experience managing software development teams. People management as well technical management.
– Track record of effective technical leadership, with a strong display of setting technical direction.
– A deep understanding of software and product development processes and how to adjust them for different stages of growth
– Strong Technical background is required, but it’s not an individual contributor role. Strong background in at least one general-purpose programming language.
– Exposure to successful companies going through rapid growth. Familiarity with American startup culture is a plus.
– Genuine passion for Machine learning
– Fluent English
– Salary based on experience, but very competitive
– Stock options package on top
– The office in Europe is in Munich and if you live in Germany, you can work 100% remote. Some office visits would be helpful, but you can decide this yourself.
– Working in a fast scaling environment
– Working with diverse data science, machine learning, engineering and product teams
If you would like to hear more, please let me know and we can arrange a convenient time to speak. A CV with your experience would be nice to send over to us. I’m available at Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org or +4930 217 800 71. Below is also a link to my calendar where you’re welcome to book a convenient time for you directly. https://calendly.com/richard-straub
Looking forward to hearing from you!