My client is providing a commercial web-based service that supplies vehicle historic data to consumers and businesses. The vision is to create more confidence and transparency in the used car market in the USA and Europe. The company is market leader in the USA(HQ), in Europe, they have around 60 employees and they want to scale that to 120 in the next coming 2 years. In the departments, there’s a start-up feeling and flexible discussion making. The focus lies on market expansion and more local presence in new markets, improving the product and connecting more data sources and types to the product.
You will be part of the DataTech team which is focused on improving their products and services on the platform. You will be working together with other developers, data scientists and data analysts. Your role is a mix between solid programming in Java and Python and data engineering. You will work closely with the team members together and they have ingrained pair/mob programming in their work style to work more efficient and really build a good team culture. At the moment the company is modernising their architecture and re-engineering some of the tools in order to better the SLA, response time and throughput. This means that your input and opinion are very wanted moving forward. Some examples of team projects are: redesigning ETL processes, building a new framework for analysts to classify and load incoming data, building new solutions on AWS, streaming ETL and building an Entity Management System.
– Minimum 4 years experience with Java, Spring/ Micronaut
– Minimum 1-2 years experience with Python and Python frameworks like Django, Falcon or Flask
– Designing and implementing RESTful web or microservices
– Experience with data Engineering, Spark, ETL Processes and Workflow Orchestration Tools like Apache Airflow
– Understanding CI/CD pipelines shipping containerised applications
– Experience writing software using a test-driven approach (TDD), e.g. with Junit or PyTest
– Experience with clean code and SOLID principles
– Experience designing databases (relational and NoSQL-based, e.g. using MongoDB)
– Experience in more AWS products(zB AWS SQS, AWS Kinesis) RabbitMQ, Kafka or Terraform are a big plus
– Fluent English speaking must
– Salary up to 90k
– International team, open culture
– Extra’s benefits like Insurance and Gym
– Development budget and online courses
– On and offline team events
If you would like to hear more, please let me know and we can arrange a convenient time to speak. A CV with your experience would be nice to send over to us. I’m available on firstname.lastname@example.org or +4930 217 800 71. Below is also a link to my calendar where you’re welcome to book a convenient time for you directly. https://calendly.com/richard-straub
Looking forward to hearing from you!
All the best,